Total Pageviews

Monday, October 15, 2012

Holt Hyde



                                                                       Holt Hyde


Quotation1.png This ain't a party. WAHOO! THIS IS A PARTY! YEAH! Quotation2.png
— Holt Hyde in Hyde and Shriek
Holt Hyde
Monster High Student
Profile art - Holt Hyde.jpg
Age16...I think.
Killer StyleMy style is on fire baby! No really, I literally have flames leaping off my body. I'm like my own light show. I also have this smokin' ying-yang symbol tattooed on my back and of course I never go anywhere without my headphones 'cause you never know when a beat will blaze up you.
Freaky FlawI've got a bad temper. It's not something I'm proud of but every once in a while it flares up and I have to spend a lot of time apologizing for it. I also have a hard time remembering some things.
PetCrossfade, a chameleon. He's the best pet ever 'cause change never bothers him and he totally digs my music.
Favorite ActivityCreating new monster music mixes. I love it when my tunes come alive and I can get all the monsters in the house out on the dance floor.
Biggest Pet PeeveHaving to listen to boring music. Seriously, if music can't transform you it ain't nothing but static.
Fav School SubjectMusic theory. Hey, I didn't get good at this by being lucky. I study and practice my flames off to be the best.
Least Fav SubjectAnything without a beat.
Favorite ColorOrange.
Favorite FoodHot wings. I like'em hot enough to make a dragon cry.
BFFsI'm down with all the monsters that love my music.
Dolldiaryicon.jpg One Available
information form:
http://monsterhigh.wikia.com/wiki/Holt_Hyde

Holt Hyde is the 16-year-old son of Mr. and Mrs. Hyde, the latter presumably a descendant of the Mr. Hyde from the 19th century. Holt's father is a fire elemental.
Holt is the alter-ego of Jackson Jekyll. He, like his alter-ego, is voiced by Cindy Robinson.

Contents

 [show

Personality

Holt is a DJ, so he's very social and into promoting his music. He admits that he is "hot-headed" and can have a bit of a temper.[1]

Physical Description

Holt has blue skin, sunrise-like eyes and a black tattoo on his face. His hair is made of flames and he has a yin-yang tattoo between his shoulders.

Transformation

Throughout each storyline, Holt and Jackson have no control over their transformations and change from one into the other under specific circumstances. In the webisodes, it seems to be music that causes Holt/Jackson's transformation. This is first seen in "Hyde and Shriek".
In his 'Basic' diary, Holt's transformation into Jackson Jekyll normally occurs at sunrise and lasts until sunset. Holt noted that when he was trying to see what the town was like during the day, he blacked out at the moment of sunrise. However, in Jackson Jekyll's diary, it's revealed that the trigger for Jackson's transformation has since changed, so that it is now also music as in the webisodes. Specifically, "music with a 4/4 time signature played in excess of 90 decibels" triggers the transformation into Holt. However according to the dairy, because of Jackson's "elemental heritage + hyde transformation + teenage boy" status, it is likely to change again at least once more before he hits adulthood.
In Holt's 'Basic' diary he displayed one example of having some elemental powers from Jackson's parental heritage, as he melted the pen he was using and his entry indicated this had happened before. His bio also uses several fire related puns.
In the books, the change is caused by temperature shifts, be it from him getting hot from embarrassment or from outside forces like a hot day.
Despite not being aware of their true nature, there are times when Jackson's and Holt's memories and abilities leak over to the other. For example, in the diaries Jackson is able to keep up with Deuce Gorgonin a basketball game (to the Gorgon's surprise),[2] while Holt recognizes Draculaura at a club despite the fact it's the "first" time he meets her.

No comments:

Post a Comment